Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2012 nissan altime s 2.5 it has code p0297 and is nothing on

Customer Question

2012 nissan altime s 2.5 it has code p0297 and is nothing on mitchell any ideas lady says car will shut off sometimes when put in reverse .I ben trying to duplicate any ideas thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are you sure the code is correct?

If it stalls within 3 seconds of being shifted into reverse, there could be a internal trans pressure leak resulting in the converter clutch engaging from low pressure and causing this issue.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I AM allset been waiting way too long thank you for trying closed the question please.

Glad you got it resolved.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Iam going to give a poor service rating beacuse I wated too long and also no offence and i know you are just trying to make a living and if the company ask you about it .too long thanks . and when I ask a question here I do not want an answer from and general tech . if the car is a nissan I want a nissan guy if is a chevy I want a chevy guy,Audi I want a Audi guy thank you

Sorry you feel that way. I was just trying to help a customer when no other tech was not offering to help. The rating has no bearing on the fee it just a feedback based on how I assisted you for the website to see if I should still be allowed to assist customers as a site user like yourself. Your were pleased the previous 4 times I helped you.