internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working in the technican for over 15 years. I am an expert in diagnostic.
63512786

My son has a 2007 Nissan 350Z. He has been having trouble

Customer Question

My son has a 2007 Nissan 350Z. He has been having trouble keeping the battery charged up. He rarely drives it , but when he does the battery is totally dead. He purchased a new battery about a month ago, a good one and went to try to start it and it was totally dead. Any suggestions on what could be draining the battery?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Nissan tech.

You will need to get yourself a battery tender to keep the battery healthy when not in used.

The battery tender is $50 from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Deltran-Battery-Tender-021-0128-Charger/dp/B00068XCQU

Please rate me positive, thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not satisfied with answer. Thought maybe you would have suggested trying something to check things to see what is draining the battery.

The ECM is draining the battery. This is perfectly normal. All vehicles will have the same problem. There is an internal memory inside the computer that is constantly draining the battery.