Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Got a 99 Nissan altima. Cranks has good spark. Already did

Customer Question

Got a 99 Nissan altima. Cranks has good spark. Already did new distributor and new MAF along with new plugs. If pull plugs and turn over I got good spark but smell no fuel in the cylinders. Checked for fuel pressure at the rail and it has good pressure. Suspect injectors not firing. Could this be an ECM issue.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The car was running fine just died going down the road.

1-Yes the ecm controls the injectors , I sent you a circuit diagrams for your vehicle for your review showing the injectors and the ecu

2-if you have spark and fuel and still want start than that leaves injectors not firing .

3- there is a 10 amp fuse for the injector circuit did you check that ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
checked all the fuses. The ecm did not throw any codes. I am a decent home mechanic. I am an industrial maintenance tech. So troubleshooting is not a problem but this has stumped me. One weird thing is I tried starter fluid in the intake but didn't fire then either. May have not pushed the gas pedal open tho.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there anything else I should check or is sending the ecm for diagnostic and repair the best next step.

just make sure to check that injector fuse in the diagram , I would wiggle the wiring harness at the injectors make sure nothing is loose

I would suggest sending it in for rebuild or repairs, you can find a lot of companies on ebay that rebuild them , the good thing about doing that is they will check it and if it is good they will charge you $75 for checking it and send it back with out rebuild and then you can trace wiring from the ecm to injector .

if it is bad they will rebuild it and you know that was the problem .

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks. Just needed to confirm my suspicion before sending off.

you welcome bob

Let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat