peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2013 sentra is vibrating through gas and brake pedal when in

Customer Question

2013 sentra is vibrating through gas and brake pedal when in stop and go traffic...
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: only had it 2 months bough it with 60000 kms on it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: at the dealership now and they are telling me it is just normal cvt
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: operation
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The transmission can cause a slight vibration but usually when new you could not feel this in the brake and gas pedals.If they did not check the engine and transmission mounts this needs done.If any of these are damaged or collapsed at all this will cause this vibration here.If these were or are checked and found o.k. I would have the exhaust components checked to see if there are any bent heat shields or bent exhaust components as this will cause this as well here.These are the most common causes for this issue here and needs checked into.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete