Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

The gauge lights are out on my 2002 Pathy SE. I've checked

Customer Question

The gauge lights are out on my 2002 Pathy SE. I've checked the dimmer dial and that is not it. I've checked the fuse box ELEC B and a couple of other interior fuses and they all seem OK. Suggestions?
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Yes, manual is open but only looked at fuses behind coin tray on inside. The box under the hood does not appear to have a related fuse
JA: What is the model of your '02 Nissan?
Customer: SE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the fuses inside. I can take to dealer if needed. All four Gauges are unlit-- fuel, speed, tach and temp
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

there are 2 fuses at the interior fuse panel for the meter.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

if ONLY the guage lights are out but all other dimmable lighting is working then the problem is likely a fuse or in the cluster itself.

if no illumination lights are working and fuses are good then the dimmer switch itself is likely here.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

If you have further questions just ask and ill be happy to help. If not please leave a kind rating. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I have to replace the dimmer switch, is that something I can do myself or should I take it to a repair shop?
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

Sure you could do it.

If your comfortably removing a dash piece finisher, removing the illumination knob, and installing the new one then your good to go.