Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Im my 2007 nissan pathfinder in the inside fuse its a#10

Customer Question

im my 2007 nissan pathfinder in the inside fuse its a#10 fuse the A/T cont keeps blowing and my car wont start
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: dont know
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: to help i hope
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

Hey there thanks for the question.

This is an indication that the TCM inside the transmission is shorted out and will need replaced. I have seen this quite a bit on the frontiers and pathfinders from 2005-2010. Mainly due to the fact that they are prone to the radiator failures that cause cross contamination with the transcooler at the bottom of it. When this happens moisture and coolant get into the transmission and damage the TCM.

If the car previously had cross contamination issues then this was likely the cause. If no previous contamination on record this would be a good time to inspect the radiator for the pink froth on the lid that's generally associated with teh contamination.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

If you have further questions just ask and ill be happy to help. If not please leave a kind rating. Thanks.