Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I shorted out abs wire ,headlights come on engine fan comes

Customer Question

I shorted out abs wire ,headlights come on engine fan comes on automatic ,truck will not start codes come up p1610 ,u1000 ,u1001 ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Did you check the fusible links on the positive battery post. There are 4 or 5 built into the post assembly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

if all the fuses are good then you likely shorted out a control unit. Generally a fuse will blow prior to a control unit unless it's like a wheel sensor wire with a/c current shorting out then it fry the whole ABS control unit.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

granted the P1610 is lock mode code from the immobiliser.

We see this code when someone tries to start the vehicle 5 times with an unrecognized key. This would only happen if the key lost registration OR one of the control units could not verify the registration. That would e the reason it would crank but not start also.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would I have to go to Nissan or would be the Ipdm module
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

The IPDM is not likely to cause these codes.

Since you shorted a wire you would be wise to double check every fuse and fusible link one more time before considering taking it in. Losing power to a control module like the ECM will make it act just like a failed module. The condensor fan running is a fail safe for a control unit failure and your codes indicate a communication error between control units so it's very possible one may be bad, but a bad fuse preventing power to a control unit can cause the impression of a failed control unit when it's just a power issue.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

If you have further questions just ask and ill be happy to help. If not please leave a kind rating. Thanks.