Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

It has a symptom of cranking but not starting. Sometimes it

Customer Question

It has a symptom of cranking but not starting. Sometimes it will fire up, others it will crank but not start. Happens about every other day.
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: Just had a tune up performed, no check engine light. When this happens all lights and power are in, just cranks and does not start. I had the recall performed on the ECU and it still exhibits this symptom.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE with the Big Tow package
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only research at this point, i wpuld like to fix myself but need to identify the problem 1st.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Only that it will crank but not start, then after many tries it will start sometimes, but the problem seems to be getting worse.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question.Do you have a white or black IPDM? The fuse panel on the passengers firewall.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The IPDM is white
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a white IPDM can you just switch the ECM and fog lamp relays and see if it will start before proceeding?
If your not sure which ones are which let me know and I'll send you a diagram.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Already did the ECM recall, maybe I need to switch the entire IPDM, is the new model black?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Don't replace the IPDM with ought even seeing if it's reaponsible. Do you have a voltmeter?These trucks rarely have crank no start conditions and when they do it's usually related to the ECM relay or the IPDM in most cases, but it's never worth just guessing.If you have a voltmeter let me know please.