JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
6149662

I have a 2006 Nissan Sentra, 1.8L SFI DOHC 4cyl that will

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2006 Nissan Sentra, 1.8L SFI DOHC 4cyl that will start & idle but at times will not rev. I know it needs a downstream o2 sensor but cannot figure out why it would be doing this. code that came up is P2a00. What do you think this could be? Lisa
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 4 months ago.

have you checked fuel pressure and is the throttle position sensor working?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not & it seems to be working but every now & again you push the accelerator pedal & nothing happens.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been told it is throttle/accelerator pedal position sensor, alternator, MAF sensor, or could be the transmission. It's just been all over the board. I don't have thousands of dollars to change parts that people think it may be. Your help is very much appreciated.

unless its revving real high its not the transmission

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm leaning toward the throttle/accelerator pedal position sensor. Because it is not revving high.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do you think is the problem??

it sounds like its the accelerator position sensor or the throttle body...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you!! Have a great weekend

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!