internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working in the technican for over 15 years. I am an expert in diagnostic.

I have a 1995 Nissan maxima. What happens is that wile

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1995 Nissan maxima. What happens is that wile driving up long hills when the transmission down shifts a couple of times the check engine light starts to blink and the car starts running rough. The light stays on but the next day the light will turn off and the car runs fine. This same rough running also happens when I drive it for an hour or so and stop the car for a few minutes and start it back up it runs rough for a wile then its fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Nissan tech.
Have you scan the vehicle yet for trouble code?

The engine light blink because it is misfiring. It is recommended to replace all the coil out and spark plugs. You must use factory Nissan coil NOT aftermarket coil.

For the spark plug you must use NGK Platinum or Irdium spark plugs.

Please rate me positive, thank you. Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The car does not misfire all the time it runs fine right now. It only misfires on those two occasions. could there be a censor causing this problem? The check engine light is not on know.

I have seen this before. The coil actually gets overheated in the IC chips.Also a bad crank and cam sensor will give you the same issue.