Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a question I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder when I try

Customer Question

I have a question I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder when I try to crank it some times it will turn over and not start then I have to lock and unlock the door to get it to start because we don't have a fob and that resets the alarm. (Alarm never actually goes off just won't crank until I reset it) is there anyway I can permently disable the alarm it would be an awesome vehicle to drive but my wife hates it because of this thanks for help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When you turn the key and the engine cranks but does not start, with the key in the run position is the theft light on or flashing?

Must you lock/unlock the door with the door lock switch or with the key?

Any aftermarket electronics on this vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The theft light will be on and I not the door switch I actually have to take the key out the ignition and rich my hand out the window shut lock and unlock it some times it takes 2-3 try's and yes there's and aftermarket radio

There is not a way to disable the theft system. This looks to be occurring from the vehicle thinking unauthorized entry has occurred. Have you ever noticed the door opened and closed and the door ajar warning and courtesy lights not working correct. Do you ever get a incorrect operation chime with the key in and out of the ignition? Do you have a scan tool to check the codes, door ajar sensor and key in switch sensor?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just went and bought a fob today from Nissan I'm going to try and program it using this YouTube video wish me luck

Keep in touch if needed.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris