Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I think the starter is going out.... my friend ran a

Customer Question

I think the starter is going out.... my friend ran a diagnose check (???) What does code P5264 ASCD mean
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: A series of rapid ones
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 Nissan Armanda
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I guess I can try and fix it myself.... I haven't tried anything.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, it was working fine before this
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

HI there,

Rapid clicking usually means the battery is to weak to kick over the starter and engine. What you should do is try a jump start to begin with. Let the donor car stay attached for at least 15 minutes. Then try to start it. When you connect the other car, you should hear it's engine load up when it's alternator is charging your battery. If you don't then you don't have a good connection. You could also remove the battery and have it tested at a parts store, if you have another mode of transportation.

This code you have given isn't a good code, but ASCD stands for Auto Speed Control Device, you and I call it the cruise control, there may be some type of error there.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!