Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

How do i fix this problem, 2004 pathfinder, If I can yes if

Customer Question

how do i fix this problem
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2004 pathfinder
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If I can yes if not to a mechanic
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i also have a another codes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P1446, P130, P0420
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how long those it take to get back to me
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Helllo

P1446 = Purge / evap valve closed

P0130 = O2 sensor malfunction ( bank 1 sensor 1)

P0420 = catalyst operating below efficiency

so you don't actually say what the fault is / how the truck is driving but a faulty o2 sensor will result in the engine running too rich or too lean

Check for exhaust leaks before the O2 sensor as if this has been experiencing an exhaust leak then it will have been running very rich as the sensor will see the extra air pulled in as fresh / lean fuelling and be adding fuel to compensate.

this can lead to catalyst failure as the extra fuel can re-light inside and melt the catalyst

if this is OK then I'd consider replacing the o2 sensor with a new part

The best way to find an exhaust leak is to run the engine from cold and feel around the exhaust joints with your bare hands - you'll have about 30 seconds before it all gets too hot and you should feel any escaping gas blowing over your fingers

if this doesn't help consider replacing the sensor as they're not expensive

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you