Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I cannot find the a/c clutch or compressor relay on my 2005

Customer Question

i cannot find the a/c clutch or compressor relay on my 2005 nissan titan any help would be great! and my problem is i got blowing air its not cold tho
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no and no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i have changed my cabin filters changed the blower resistor and checked my freeon this fixed my other problems i just cannot get the clutch to engage when i turn the ac on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i have auto controls for my ac and when i turn my blower on the ac light comes on and the light on the blower knob they dont turn off if i press the center of the knob i beleive it is electrical
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

The a/c relay is built into the IPDM, so you can't access it to remove it or replace it.

It's easy to test though, just perform the auto-active test. If you hear the clicks then the clutch circuit is good. You then have to consider a freon pressure issue preventing it from running.