JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
6149662

Engine racing and cant control without shutting down, 98,

Customer Question

engine racing and cant control without shutting down
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 98
JA: What is the model of your '98 Nissan?
Customer: nissan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 98 Nissan pathfinder
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: mechanic said i need an air intake hose
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 10 months ago.

is the air intake hose ripped?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
auto trans. It's at the dealer waiting and i wanted more info. i was told it was the air intake hose. i am an almost a clueless female that was terrified when i lost control of a racing vehicle that wouldn't stop until i turned the motor off.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you still there?

the air intake hose if it is ripped it will allow unmetered air into the motor and cause high idle

these hoses are cheap and real quick to install

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!

Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 9 months ago.