Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have 2005 nissan quest with ant theft system active. This

Customer Question

I have 2005 nissan quest with ant theft system active. This happend when we replaced the battery. The van didnt come with remote.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: We put a brand new battery in the van.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried locking all doors and unplugging the battery and reinstall battery and and unlocking the doors with key but we still get the ant theft system. It won't start.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No just want rest ant theft system or turn it off.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

hey there, thanks for the question.

is this a factory or aftermarket alarm?

why do you say the anti-theft is active? is the horn honking and headlights flashing or what exactly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The dash show a car symbol with key on the dash. The car just cranks. No flash lights or horn sound.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Factory alarm.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** car with key symbol indicates an immobiliser issue. It means the key registration is not being recognized.
Do you have another key to try?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately we don't have another key for the van. Is there a way we can override this function by using a jumper?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately no way because the immobiliser controls injector pulse which is controlled by engine speed and recieves a pulse from the ECM to ground them.

Secondly the ECM and BCM verify key registration so there is no way to trick them either.

You are going to have to have the key re-programmed. To do so you will have to call a mobile locksmith out to register the key or tow it to a dealer. Whichever you prefer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cant go to dealer and give them the Vin number and they make me new key? If not thanks for the help.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

no unfortunately. The key is registered to the vehicle by the BCM pin code. The car has to be at the dealer.

Otherwise a mobile locksmith can do the same thing where their key software for about 125 bucks. Because its an 05 their software should have the pins stored for decoding.