Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

Is this a real person? I have an 04 Altima 2.5 S sedan. It

Customer Question

Is this a real person?
JA: I'm the Nissan Mechanic's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: I have an 04 Altima 2.5 S sedan. It has a code P0300 and misfires when in gear. I jacked it up taking the wheels off the ground. The misfiring would only happen when I had my foot on the brake. When the wheels could spin freely, it would idle fine. A mechanic told me the wire harness between the injector and coils is arcing and needs replacement
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked all the injectors resistance and they are fine. I also checked each coil to see if they are filled with oil and they are fine.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There is code P0138 and code P0732 also I have a broke front motor mount too
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question.a lot of times when the coils start to arc on the cars it's from the ground wire that runs from the battery to the transmission. It's pretty common for it break right where it connects to the bellhousing and cause the P0300 your experiencing.