sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have 03 g35 coupe 6 speed. was running good went to slip

Customer Question

I have 03 g35 coupe 6 speed. was running good went to slip mode code said tps replaced ran good month or so was out town went slip again code said accerelerator assy replaced it still does same thing be driveing goes to slip mode love car just need it fixd. Please help
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Forgot to say had have towed home when was outa town. I bought car at police sale it set a year put in new battery drove it a over 45 days no problem then went in slip wouldnt stop doing it codes said tps so i got new one then run good couple month then didit again two codes accelerator pedal so replaced did relern still goes in slip mode still cant keep throwing money at it love the car what do i need do fix this please help
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The stability control warning light is coming on because it's seeing a problem that will prevent proper operation of the system and setting a fault code. The stability control system relies on the ability to request engine torque so an engine related concern can turn this warning light on.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to determine what fault codes are setting and electrical testing will need to be done from there to determine exactly what is causing the problem. Do you know what codes are currently setting in the engine controller and ABS module?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2138 now was 2128 and 2138 before i changed accelerator pedal assy

P2138 or P2128 don't show to be valid codes for the vehicle information provided. Can you post the VIN?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

The codes may have been reported incorrectly. What are you using to read codes and from what module?