Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2006 Xterra auto with 189,000. All of a sudden, the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Xterra auto with 189,000. All of a sudden, the car will not go into gear. At all! It just revs up and sounds like it is in neutral. I ran a code and got a P0717. Input speed sensor. Would this be the "neutral" problem? Is the sensor easy to change?
Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

Hey there, thats the turbine revolution sensor which detects input shaft speed and can definately cause your problem.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

The sensor is not easy to change, it's very difficult as it's INSIDE the transmission on this year xterra. The part is also hard to find by itself because it attaached to the main control valve and is usually replaced as an assembly. That unfortunately is like $900 !!