Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2012 Titan that hss clicking under hood and turns

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Titan that hss clicking under hood and turns over but will not start.. Any clues as to what it might be?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you attempt to try to Jump start the truck? Sometimes when battery voltage is low some components stay on but don't have enough voltage to fully shut down and can cause the clicking.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The battery post was so covered in corrosion. But after being disconnected about an hour it started. It trys to turn over. Battery is new. Like in the old days as if it was flooded.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The clicking happens with no key in it
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Where do you hear the clicking exactly? Inside the car behind the dash? or under the hood?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Under hood
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a location under the hood you hear this? Passenger side? Drivers side? Front of the engine area, back of the engine area?

Would you be able to make a video of the noise so I can hear it, and share it with me? Maybe post it on You Tube and share the link here so I can see it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No it is dark out now. Towards the back of engine, i saw somewhere most say it is fuel pump
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Fuel pump is in the back of the truck. I can keep this question open if you want to take the video during the day. It's hard to tell what noise you are hearing with out being there. If you make a video, I would have a better idea on what you may be hearing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will have to take it sonewhere tomorrow, if u r not familar with it... on the forums it is Wide spread issue.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is my only transportation
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

It could be a after market alarm or something. Hard to say with out hearing it. It could be a number of things.

Did you try to jump start the truck?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The battery is fine.... It has charge it something causing it to make the dash symbols to blink on and off even when no keys in.
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

That is more information I need. Are the dash lights flickering or do they have a steady pattern on how they blink?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Flickering, dull
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the idpm do
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

That is a computer controlled fuse box. Flicking dull sounds like a weak battery or maybe a poor battery connection.

Can you humor me and attempt to jump start the truck?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is 11pm here I can in the morning maybe
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Lets do that in the Morning then. Cause everything you are describing to me keeps leading me back to simply something with the Battery.

Let me know how you make out in the AM