Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I removed and reinstalled my steering rack on my GTR R35,

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I removed and reinstalled my steering rack on my GTR R35
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: fluids are fine
JA: What year is your GT-R?
Customer: somehow I reinstalled incorrectly 2010 so my steering wheel is out 360 degrees to the right so getting a steering angle error and the whole lot
JA: Are you fixing your GT-R yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: lol. yes well I am just afraid I may have ruined the spiral cord if that makes any sense
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it I am about to disconnect shaft from rack and turn steering back 360 to the left
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

My name is Gary

at this point that is all you can do disconnect the lower shaft and turn it to the left 360 then reconnect it back up

there is no way to tell if there is enough spiral cold left in the clock spring but if it triggers codes after you do that for the clock spring then replace the clock spring

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

how are you making out ?