Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Nissan Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Nissan Diagnostics
18617752

A/T Oil Temp, ABS, BRAKE and battery icon lights all ON.

Customer Question

JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Pathfinder 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not a mechanic. I have done nothing. It just happen 30 minutes ago.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: A week ago a check engine light was on and I turned it off with a scanner.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

When these dash lights are lit, this is a common sign of a fault in the Charging System. Very commonly, a failing Alternator. There is a quick easy test for this, with the use of a voltage meter. With the engine running, take a voltage reading at the battery terminals. If the voltage is not between 13.2-14.4v, or fluctuates in and out of this area, the Alternator will need to be replaced. If the Alternator passes this test, turn the engine off and wait 15min. Take another reading at the battery terminals, this time with the engine off. If the voltage is anything less than 12v, the battery may have a "bad cell" and is not accepting the alternator's charge. If you do not have access to a voltage meter, most local "big chain" parts stores, like AutoZone, will run these tests for Free right in their parking lot. Make sure to also check the battery cables to make sure they are tight, making a good connection and are free of any corrosion at this time. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

If there are any other questions you have on this issue, or there was something specific you were hoping to have addressed that I may have missed in my answer... please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!