Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

It won't start looks like something chewed on a wire but i

Customer Question

it won't start looks like something chewed on a wire but i don't know what exactly it is. it has light and electrical is fine just won't turn over
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the head lights. and all the electrical is fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2014 nissan sentra sv
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i looked under the hood looked around and saw the wire was chewed. if i can fix it myself i will
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no because i don't know what the wire is. i mean i could take a picture of it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Can you share a photo of where the wires were chewed up so I can see. Then I can instruct on how you want to go about correcting this.

Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have uploaded two photos of the wire and what it is connected to.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

ouch.. Ok. Thank you for your pictures. That helps me to give you direction on what you need to do.

So what I would do for this situation is to cut the wires and solder in new wires. Example. That blue wire that is broken. I would cut it back past the chewed up part. then stripe out a section and get another wire and make a good length wire for the amount of wire you are going to cut out and stripe out the ends and solder the wire ends together to make a good connection and then electrical tape that solder connection so nothing touches it. After you have repaired all 3 wires, I would then wrap them all keeping them all together.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you tell me what the wires go to?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What that part is?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

That sensor on the Transmission. That looks like the crank sensor which is a major input signal.