Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The backup camera stopped working and I tried a replacement,

Customer Question

The backup camera stopped working and I tried a replacement, but this did not fix the issue. I purchased a replacement control module but do not know where it is located in the suv.
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: OEM
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2009 Murano
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I replaced the camera and it did not work. I have a replacement control module now and am trying to find the location to see if this works.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When I put it in reverse, the screen goes black except a warning note at the bottom of the screen.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please cancel my question request as I assumed the turn around time was minutes and not hours or days. I have already traced the wiring and found the control module. Please send a confirmation on the cancellation ot my email address.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 8 months ago.

hi your problem is most likely cause by a bad back up unit relay. there is a know problem with them you should start with replacing the relay located on the side of the fuse box inside the car under the steering wheel . if you have any more questions please ask . if not please rate the service before you go thanks.