Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

For a 2005 nissan altima, I got a code P1273. It went away

Customer Question

For a 2005 nissan altima, I got a code P1273. It went away later in the day. From reading online seems like it could be a 02 sensor. Could it be anything else?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

2005 Nissan-Datsun Altima L4-2.5L (QR25DE)

Save Article

DTC P1273 A/F SENSOR 1 Component Description

The A/F sensor 1 is a planar dual-cell limit current sensor. The sensor element of the A/F sensor 1 is the combination of a Nernst concentration cell (sensor cell) with an oxygen-pump cell, which transports ions. It has a heater in the element.

The sensor is capable of precise measurement Lambda = 1, but also in the lean and rich range. Together with its control electronics, the sensor outputs a clear, continuous signal throughout a wide Lambda range (0.7 < Lambda < air).

The exhaust gas components diffuse through the diffusion gap at the electrode of the oxygen pump and Nernst concentration cell, where they are brought to thermodynamic balance.

An electronic circuit controls the pump current through the oxygen-pump cell so that the composition of the exhaust gas in the diffusion gap remains constant at Lambda = 1. Therefore, the A/F sensor 1 is able to indicate air-fuel ratio by this pumping of current. In addition, a heater is integrated in the sensor to ensure the required operating temperature of 700 - 800 °C (1,292 - 1,472 °F).

POSSIBILITIES FOR THE P1273

1- FUEL PRESSURE

2- FUEL INJECTOR

3- INTAKE AIR LEAKS

4- A/F SENSOR ( O2 SENSOR ITSELF BAD )

5- WIRING TO SENSOR

What is the mileage on the car and how is it driving ?

check for leaks around the intake and the air boot from the air box to the throttle body ?

on a cold engine spray starting fluid around the intake and air boot and see if the engine surges up if it does yiu have an air leak or vacuum leak

4 or 6 cylinder you have ?