Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

On an '05 Nissan Pathfinder, the oil gauge stayed on H,

Customer Question

On an '05 Nissan Pathfinder, the oil gauge stayed on H, changed the oil pressure sensor
and now the oil pressure seems normal when it's first cranked up, however after driving
the pressure gauge continues to go down to low, then the low oil light indicator comes on
when driving a slow speeds. Engine is running smoothly, however, when vehicle is parked
there's an overheat smell . What could be the problem
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is normally caused by a back timing cover gasket failure. This back timing cover gasket when it fails, it creates a internal oil leak. Here is a image of where this gasket is located on the inside back timing chain cover.

To repair this the front timing cover will need to be removed and timing chains to replace this gasket.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!