I have a 2006 Nissan Frontier. I am getting a po340 and a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Frontier. I am getting a po340 and a po345 code. I have replaced both camp sensors and still getting the same code. The engine will not start.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Where did you buy these sensors you installed? Do you still have the original sensors?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jay
I bought this truck from a friend he had changed them I believe he bought them from Auto zone. There is still one of the old ones in the back of the truck.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

If he got the sensors at auto zone, the first thing you will need to do is replace the sensors with ones from the dealer. After market electrical parts can cause the codes you are getting to continue or not throw codes at all and cause stalling or no start issues. Make sure the Cam and Crank sensors have this logo on them.

Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

That is the first thing you will need to do for your issue. Once you have factory correct sensors, then see if it will start.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will check the sensors and get back to you.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

You got it!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The sensors are from Autozone. New ones from Nissan are over $300. Is there a way to check these to see if they're working? I don't like changing part unless I can prove they're bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

The Auto Zone sensors never work right so you can't trust them. I know the Nissan Sensors are a little costly. But the only way to check the sensors is with a Scanner or Oscilloscope. You can unplug one cam sensor and see if it starts. Then plug it back in if it doesn't and unplug the other one. That is about it. But that normally helps to determine if the engine has jumped time. You can give that a try and see how you make out?