Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Have been ill and my Nissan altima 2007 has set my drive way

Customer Question

Have been ill and my Nissan altima 2007 has set my drive way for almost a year without starting battery ,battery was dead so bought and put a new battery in and went to put battery positive hook up to positive post and while hooking negative hook up to negative post car horn went off. Have been instructed to hook up positive to positive post and press down on the alarm for horn on the automatic key , but horn continues to go off, can you please help with problem so I can put my battery on without the horn going off ? Thank you D. Hungerford in Florida
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cary York replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Is it a factory alarm? Or is it aftermarket/add-on?