Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

I have a 2009 Murano and the front driver wiper motor

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Murano and the front driver wiper motor doesn't work. Is it relatively easy to replace. If so, how? Thx
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Hmmm. How do I check that.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. I know there's a windshield cover held by grommets that would need to be removed. Oh boy your saying to yourself!!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Check for voltage across leads,, check to see for any rotation when I turn the wipers on...
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 10 months ago.

hello . How are you ? I can assist you with this .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The passenger wiper works. Does that help in the diagnosis?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there?

yes . there is what is called a wiper transmission that has failed and will need to be replaced . here are some illustrations to show you what is involved . you will need to purchase a wiper transmission / linkage assemply as the are not normally serviced with any replacable parts . Check with both your local parts store and the dealer about price and availability .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok

here is the procedure to replace it

I hope that this answers your question today . I would appreciate it if you felt so inclined if you could leave me a positive , 5 star feedback rating if you are satisfied with my assistance today as it greatly helps me here at Just Answer . Yhanks very much . Sincerely ***** ***** . :-)

hello ? are you still there ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry Kevin. Had to step out. I'm back to start the job. Keep you posted.

okay ! no worries !

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I am about to remove the wiper arms (I believe I need to remove both) to remove the cowl top cover, I removed a hex bolt from each. Are the arms supposed to slide off easily?

they are a taper , pressure fit . you may want to tighten both nuts back on and see if your driver side wiper will work .

it is not common for the wiper connection to loosen off to the point where the wiper does not move but if they seemed loose . before going further tighten them back up and try your wipers

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They were on pretty tight. The driver wiper is just swivelling freely.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I believe I know why the driver wiper failed. The passenger one has a rubber boot at the shaft to keep dirt out and the driver is not there and there's a bunch of dirt in there must have caused something to seize.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need a puller?

yes there is a puller to remove the . Sometimes i just put a thick rag on the cowl and use a large pry bar to POP them off

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That was going to be my next move. I just needed some confirmation.

spraying some WD-40 or similar lube also will help

how did you make out with your wiper ?

hello I need you to respond with a positive feedback rating for assisting you with your problem . It is the only way I can be credited for my work assisting you to solve your issue . Thank you in advance . I would appreciate it if you can leave me a positive 5 star rating for my effort in helping you . Thanks for using just answer .Kevin