Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2009 nissan serena. My problem started yesterday

Customer Question

Good day guys I have a 2009 nissan serena. My problem started yesterday while driving I observed the engine started racing off and the transmission was not functioning try to shift between drive and reverse and park but did not get any movement from vehicle could check the transmission oil it look good did hear any strange noise of the transmission. you please help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

so the RPM's were racing but the vehicle not moving? similar to if it was in neutral?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what wrong with vehicle
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

There is a couple possibilities is you cannot get it to go into gear. The shift linkage itself could have come loose preventing you from being able to shift in gear, OR you could have a transmission pressure issue preventing it from going into gear.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what I can do to troubleshoot issue
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

For starters you need to check for any codes.

next you need to see if when you shift the vehicle it's actually shifting out of park. See if you can move it to neutral and if the car will move.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks alot sir
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.
Your welcome, I will leave this open should you have further questions later on. Just reply here if you.Just remember to leave me a kind rating is all.Thanks