Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

2012 Nissan titan seatbelt light will not go off even if all

Customer Question

2012 Nissan titan seatbelt light will not go off even if all 5 seatbelt are attached. Seatbelt light flickers as drivers seatbelt is being inserted. Will seatbelt still work in collision till I can take it to dealer.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.This is due to a bad seat belt buckle switch. There is a switch that controls that seat belt light in the buckle. It is just a electic switch. It doesn't mean the buckle won't work.At the same time, your seat belt system has a 10 year unlimited mileage warranty. So if you take this to your local dealer to have checked, it shoukd be covered under warranty.Do you have any more questions on this?