Over heating problems, coolant is up, replaced rad, fan

Customer Question

over heating problems
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: coolant is up, replaced rad, fan clutch, thermostat, and water pump
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2002 pathfinder se
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3.5l
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Since you replaced so much in the coolant system, how are you bleeding the coolant system? These coolant systems are tricky to bleed. If not bleed properly it can cause over heating issues.

So let me know how you bleed the coolant system.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fill the rad, over fill the overfill, and remove the plug on the tube at the firewall
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Ok.. Lets try bleeding the truck my way and see if it resolves your issues. Hold on while I get you the steps. Do you have a coolant bucket also?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

To bleed the coolant system, remove the radiator cap. Install the coolant bucket ( See Links for images ). Fill the bucket about 1/2 way. Then raise the front of the car as high as if it were on ramps. This way if there is air in the coolant system, the circulation brings it to the highest point. Then turn on the car, and put the heat on speed number 4, recirc mode on, and face mode. You may need to rev the engine a few times to move the coolant around to get the air out. I also turn the engine off a couple times and wait 2 or 3 mins to let the air pocket move and bubble out. There will be one point it wants to bubble over and make a mess. So be ready for that. In the mean time you want to check your vents to see if your getting heat. After you have good heat, and little to no bubbles in the coolant bucket. Then the coolant system is properly bleed. You should have good heat when bleed properly. So when you put your hand over the vent and hold it there for 30 seconds, you get a slight burning sensation. That is perfect heat

Give that a try and let me know how you make out. This steps should take around a 1/2 hour to one hour to bleed.