tracker40
tracker40, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified,35 years experience, Shop owner, electrical specialist
13677702

2000 std cab frontier, No cruise or security system.Horn

Customer Question

2000 std cab frontier, No cruise or security system.Horn failure. Horn , horn relay, horn fuse ok. How do you trouble shoot back to steering column ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  tracker40 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, the problem lies within the clockspring or also called spiral cable, This is the item just below the steering wheel that allows connections from steering wheel area to and through the column, It eliminates the need for wires, There really is not any diagnostics one can do, Its generally all botu the symptoms and what could allow things not to work, I have a Nissan Titan that my clcokspring failed last year, Unsure why but Nissans have a higher rate of them failing, At first I could turn steering wheel different ways and get the horn to blow,, In any case, you have a bad clockspring and here is how to change it