Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

I have a 2006 Nissan Armada (2nd owner, the lift gate will

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Armada (2nd owner, the lift gate will not open with the use of the fob (I even purchased new ones just to check that out) I have tried to use the emergency release to no avail and have taken it to the dealership only to be told, "ma'am you know you need to click the button twice to get the gate open..." now my daughter's stroller is stuck in the back. This is pretty frustrating for a single mom and I am hoping for some guidance in resolving or finding a workaround for use of the lift gate. Any thoughts??
Sincere thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 3 months ago.

This dealership sounds very unprofessional, if there is an alternate dealership to take the vehicle to I would bring it in and make sure to tell them that the issue does not happen all the time, that way they are not looking for an immediate failure, The actuators on the lift gate are known for failing to get the signal from the fob, unfortunately that requires replacement of the actuator and this can be pricey, so dealerships will tend to not be able to find the problem until vehicle is out of warranty. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.