Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to know how to proceed in troubleshooting the door

Customer Question

I need to know how to proceed in troubleshooting the door opening mechanism being jammed. It can't be opened from inside or outside. 1994 nissan truck, XE trim. Everything manual as far as locks, windows, etc.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The first thing you will need to do is get the door panel off. Which door is the issue? Also do you have power windows or roll down windows?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have removed the door handle, window glass crank handle and door handle escutcheon. Everything is manual. I am having a hard time getting the panel off as there's not a lot of rum between the seat and door panel.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Driver's side door.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

The way you want to try to remove the door panel is to try to pop it off from it's plastic clips. All around the door panel is plastic pop locking clips. Normally you use a trim tool to pop them off. Once you have the door panel loose, you want to slip it up like a Lamborghini door to slip it out.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We just had a household emergency of sorts.Have got to be away from house for 15-20 minutes. Looks like my best bet is to get back on here sometime tomorrow when I can devote more time to the problem. Thanks.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Not a problem. I am normally online around 7 pm EST till 10 or 11. Talk to you then and I hope everything is ok.