Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Have a Nissan NV 3500, less then 1600 miles. Having what I

Customer Question

Have a Nissan NV 3500, less then 1600 miles. Having what I think is electronic or wiring problems, random. Have seen the RPM & speedometer fall to zero at thirty or forty MPH for a second or two only to come right back up.
I lost power at thirty or more miles per hour while driving for a second, the center display on the dash was out at the same time, the one for the shift transmission, oil display, mileage, and so forth. Two days later the same thing happened four times. I drove it to the dealer and it happened one more time a loss of power for a second or more. The display was out each time it happened. It has been in the dealer since (4 days). They say they they have not seen that problem test driving it. Was planning to take a trip in it now scared to drive it anywhere out of the area when I get it back.
The other problem when you apply the brake with pressure you feel the brake pedal go slowly all the way to the floor, is this a SOP for the Nissan. They tell me they can not repeat the problem.
The other problems they are going to replace the front bumper for the front sensors to try and stop them from beebing at every stop. The front blower made a squalling noise from time to time. Something else they have not seen went to reset trip odmeter screen went blank for the A & B trip settings.
Really getting scared of driving the car, any help at all would be appreciated,
Bill Scott, ***@******.***
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

since the display is going out like that, I am also concerned of an electrical malfunction. Did the dealer see any CAN codes or anything like that when they scanned it?

I am curious if there may be a grounding issue form the factory causing an issue when driving and causing the BCM to act up and shut down the electronics like that.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

I am also glad you started a case file with Nissan, that can generaly speed things up and worst case scenario get a Nissan engineer out if necessary.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

in a situation like this it might be best to have one of the service managers or techs drive the car to and from work each day to replicate the issue. If it's happening regularly then they should certainly notice it withing a few days.

aside from that they would be smart to make sure the dash beam grounds are secure.