Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Nissan tech

Customer Question

nissan tech
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a wiring diagram for the vehicle?

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

The reason I ask, is because if all the injectors had the same wire colors I would simply do a continuity test from the ECM pins, so I knew which one is supposed to be for which injector.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have alldata and mitchell. i already tried checking for continuity to the pcm at each injector's respective pin. i had continuity from injectors 1, 3, 5, and 2 to the pin thats supposed to be to injector 3 only, i had all pcm connectors unplugged and all injector connectors unplugged. the resistance was 1-5 ohms, i made sure that it wasnt kilo-ohms or mega-ohms. it was definitely ohms. im wondering if continuity between these circuits with the upper plenum off and these connectors unplugged and all relays at rest is normal and not a circuit malfunction. either way, checking for continuity isnt helping narrow down the injector connector positions
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

were you checking continuity on the solid wire? or the ground wire? because they share a solder connection on the ground side.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

because the striped wires are the ones you need to check on each injector not the solid. None of the striped wires share a solder connection they are seperate wires. sounds like your doing something wrong.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

I'm also unclear as to why YOUR injectors have all the "same color" wires.

I mean all the grounds are a solid same color wire, but again the striped wires all have different color stripes. There base color may all be green but there striped are different for each injector they are not the same.

they are also in respective order on the ECM pinout as well. So pin 101 = injector 1 and pin 102 = injector 2 and so on.

SO while I understand your frustration, this should be pretty straight forward unless someone has modified your original harness.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

and just to clarify after re-reading my replies. I said they share a common ground but we both know thats wrong. They share common power and have seperate grounds triggers at the ECM.

everything else remains the same, red solid wires share continuity at solder points, green with colored striped wires are seperate pins and wires to each injector and numbered respectively.