1997 Nissan Sentra, Battery was tested last night - it was

Customer Question

1997 Nissan Sentra
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: Battery was tested last night - it was fully charged. When the key is turned to start position there is a rapid clicking at the fuse block - under the hood / drivers side - but nothing at the starter/solenoid. I checked the starter positive cable to ground and found no voltage there.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park
JA: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is actually my son's girlfriends car. As much as reasonable I would like to try to fix myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: however, the starter is fairly difficult to get to so I probably cant do that myself (checked last night)
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Can you try to jump start it, I've seen batteries have 12 plus volts before, but the second they are hit with a load, they don't have the amps. if you can try to jump it, that may crank it. Let me know. thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did jump it yesterday when I thought it might be the battery (before I had it tested). Made no difference in symptoms. All accessories and lights work without issue when key is 'on'.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
BTW: The car is not here with me so I can not actively test here. I will be going back later today to try anything that might provide a solution - short of actually removing the starter. On this car, the starter is a bit difficult to access - so I can test wiring but will have to leave a removal to the shop guys.
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Alright, I understand, Is it automatic or manual trans?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Automatic - Since the car is not at my location, I will probably have to wait until I am there later today when I can test.
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Alright, If you can check power to the small signal wire at the starter motor when the key is in START position, that will tell us alot, also try moving the shifter from P to L to N and try it.