Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

2015 versa note - 15600 miles.....have noticed a clicking

Customer Question

2015 versa note - 15600 miles.....have noticed a clicking noise when shifting into/from drive to / from reverse. I can also hear the same noise while driving and just before a complete stop. accelerate it happens again. it does NOT do it while into Low ,nor neutral
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: a few weeks from my has to be the gear box - from from of engine compartment
JA: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only the dealership......i am planning to take it in next week
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it runs has a full 1000,000 extened warranty
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.

Hey there, sorry for the delay.

This could be a few things causing the issue. One being the CVT which you mentioned, the other being the axles Especially if you get the click sometimes when you hit the gas to accelerate. Simply greasing them fixes that issue.

Clicking in the CVT when going into gear is NOT normal though, so don't let them tell you that.

If you have firther questions or ocncerns after talking to the dealer just let me know, thanks.