Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Trying to troubleshoot why passenger window won't work. 2006

Customer Question

Trying to troubleshoot why passenger window won't work. 2006 Nissan Titan
Changed window motor
Driver switch
Pass switch
Still not working just clicking on pass switch
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have the door panel off by any chance to do voltage tests at the window motor?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't. I checked with a test light and had power. Also had power on sockets for up and down. Only one didn't have power. Maybe the ground.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Well the power reverses at the window motor for up and down. We need to check with a volt meter to see if the window motor is getting power and ground going down and if the power reverse going up. If it does, then you have a bad window motor.

Do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I will have to get one. But I tried 2 window motors that we tested and worked before bringing them home to try. I have replaced everything. All other windows worked. I will try a volt meter I guess but seems stupid to me. What should the colts be. And if it's not correct where do u adjust the voltage
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

You don't adjust voltage. It should be around battery voltage when you apply power to it. So example. If you have the key in the ON position, and you put the volt meter on the window motor and you push the switch down and you see 11.2 volts while back probing the window motor with a positive and negative lead. That is good. If you then push the switch up and the voltage changes to -11.2 that means the window motor has to be the problem.

Understand?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok yeh I understand. But what I am saying is if the window motor is fine than where is the problem? If the window motor is good. The switches are good. Is there anywhere else that it could be other than running new wires.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If you have the correct voltage at the window motor, it has to be a window motor. If you don't have the correct voltage, then maybe a wiring issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks tips
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!