Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

I received two codes... p0725 and p0701... car chugged a bit

Customer Question

I received two codes... p0725 and p0701... car chugged a bit and found the recall hadn't been done on the air intake and the intake separated...fixed the intake and checked the codes and those two popped up...what are they?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No...just brought it back from the mechanic...they said these were the codes and to bring it to the dealership. I called the dealership and they said that they are too busy to look and the guy on the phone couldn't answer anything.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: its a 2007 Nissan Murano...never any issues
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fix myself but wanted to figure out what may be the cause and how much the cost my be before going into the dealership
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: So what do the codes mean?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no..thats is
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The P0725 is a Engine Speed signal code. You get this code normally when the Cam Sensors start to go.

The P0701 code is not listed as a good code for your car. How did you get that code?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My mechanics received it on the tester
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

I searched through the factory service manual and P0701 does not show as a good code. Do you have a Auto Zone near you? They offer free scans as long as your are not in California. Maybe have them scan it and see what codes they come up with.

Can you do that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure much do cam sensors cost?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

When it comes to electrical parts, I always recommend getting electrical parts from the dealer. After Market electrical parts never work right and can have you replacing parts you don't need.

The Sensors are around 130 each and your car has two of them.