Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

It want start i don't know if it's the ground wire (I don't

Customer Question

It want start i don't know if it's the ground wire (I don't know where it is located) or the disubetor cap
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes the battery is good
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2000 Nissan altima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm trying to do it myself, I check battery, checked the oil around the disbutor cap now I was trying to find both ground wires and I can't located them
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Well I was driving on the expressway when the car started making noise and shut off and now ever time I start it , it sounds like it wants to start but don't
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** check to see if you have to spark?The grounds your talking about are on the intake manifold, but that's not likely your issue.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do you mean by spark?
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.
You can pull one of the plug wires and the plug and reconnect the plug to the wire, set it on the engine to ground it and watch to make sure it sparks while cranking the motor.If there is no spark, then remove the distributor cap and make sure the rotor spins when cranking it, if so then the distributor is bad and needs replaced.