Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2000 V6 4X4 Japanese made pathfinder. The upper

Customer Question

I have a 2000 V6 4X4 Japanese made pathfinder. The upper plug to the throttle speed sensor disintigrated and now I have three wires and I can't tell which one goes in which position.
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: I have not checked anything yet.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing the vehicle myself and have had the air intake apart because it was full of oily dirt from on of the tubes being left off by another mechanic. I had to disconnect the TSP and when I did this one of the plugs fell apart and the three wires were just loose. I had them in what I thought was the right order but when I tested the car it was doing weird things like shifting down at almost idle but not on full acceleration
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What I would really like to know is the color coding on those three wires so I know which is which
Category: Nissan
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 4 months ago.

Hello. What are the wire colors?