Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

There was a defect in transmission / radiator replace fre

Customer Question

There was a defect in transmission / radiator replace fre 90k mi. r less I had 93k so it cost me $3000. To replace after they replaced trans & radiator all lights in dash light up all my car starts to back up no matter what gear its in I had it towed bk to the dealer cost me $451.00 gear shift cable worn but still wanna charge me 135.00 to put on computer to c why the lights or on plus 135.00 per hour to find exactly what the problem is
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you just replaced the Transmission and Radiator and now have a shifter cable issue, I would say that the dealer should absorb the cost of that cause you had no shifter issue until the transmission was replaced. I would contact Nissan at 1-800-Nissan-1 about this issue. The reason being that the cable was touched during the repair and was never mentioned to you during the repair that it could be a problem.

Do you have any more questions on this?