Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

It will not shift out of neutral and the radio, dash, and

Customer Question

It will not shift out of neutral and the radio, dash, and blower will no longer come on. I figured that I may have blown a fuse while testing the starter, but I'm afraid I burned up more than a fuse. I can't find any burned out fuses
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: I think so.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2012 Versa
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yea
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Checked all the switches and verified the battery voltage and connection
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question.Which fuses did you check?the starter runs through the fusible link on the positive battery post. If you think you blew something testing the starter then the link assembly on the positive cable at the battery is the place to start.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I looked at it and it looks good.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just looked at it briefly. I'll look at it again in the morning. But a side note, the headlights, dome light, and break lights come on.
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
Check fuses 21,22,23
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
As well as the links, I was looking at the diagrams and it's not really likely anything other than a fuse issue in the circumstance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where are 21,22, and 23 located?
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
Interior fuse panel by drivers knee
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The fusible link at the pos terminal is good. I don't see a fuse 23. My fuse box looks like this https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TQzdBeu_TnA/hqdefault.jpg
And I have checked every fuse I can find in that box and the one under the hood. none are burnt out.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
Those were at the interior fuses, so you checked them already then.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
We are going to have to do some meter testing if all the fuses are good, I thought for sure this was a fuse issue. Do you have meter?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
A 12 degree temp more than ambient is probably accurate actually so that's not a concern
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry that was a reply to another customer. I'm on a plane at the moment so will be with you in a bit when service returns. Thanks.
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

sorry for the delay, let me know when your ready to proceed

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked everything I know how. And my friend needs her car back ASAP. So I gave up and call the dealership to come tow it away.
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

My apologies. if you have questions or concerns with the dealers diagnosis or recommendations let me know. Would be happy to assist.