peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Stuck in park. and i had firestone change the shift lock

Customer Question

stuck in park. and i had firestone change the shift lock siloniod already and it still hets stcuk
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: havent ran it for codes. nissan cant get me in for 2 weeks but yes the brakes are fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2010 nissan rogue sl awd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i had the shift lock silinoid (the whole shifting mechinism) changes out
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: sometimes while driving my VDC turns off and lights up. ince ipark and turn off and on its ok
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One of the more common causes for a fault like this here is the brake switch itself.It may be working to operate the brake lights but on some models a separate circuit is sent out from this switch to engage and disengage park or the shift lock solenoid.If this has not been checked into to see if it is at fault this needs done as this can be a common component to fail.If this was already checked or was replaced let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete