Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with 103,000 miles on it,

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with 103,000 miles on it, new breaks, good tires, everything is in working order. Except for apparently, the transmission is failing. I am trying to decide how much to privately sell this for. Do you have any ideas? Or any ideas how much a new transmission would cost<
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

with a good operating transmission in this it would see for @ 6000 give or take

with a failing transmission it would be @ 3000 give or take

is there any chance you would keep this vehicle if you did not need a new transmission or if the cost to fix it was in the range of @ $ 1500 give ir take if so your best bet would be to have a shop install a used / salvage yard transmission unit into this truck it is alot cheaper than a new transmission or fixing your old one

if not set the price at 3500 and dont go below 2500 especially if it will drive ok for now even though it has transmission issues

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

how are you making out ?