eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Service engine soon light went on. nissan exterra 2006

Customer Question

service engine soon light went on. nissan exterra 2006 108000 miles. running good. no where to take it till after weekend. drive 70 miles/day back and forth to work. light not flashing. Is it okay to continue driving it?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: neither
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model of your '06 Nissan?
Customer: 2wd xterra standard shift
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have not tried anything yet. happened last night driving home. need to get to work today. no tools to fix anything.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: car has been excellent.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

As long as it is not flashing, which indicated damaging engine misfire, and there are no outward symptoms of either the engine running rough or lack of power, it will be safe to drive until you take it in to be looked at.

Expert:  eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.