Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I have a 2001 nissan sentra 2.0 I'm looking ecm relay can

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** have a 2001 nissan sentra 2.0 I'm looking for the ecm relay can you help me i will apreciate your help
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: yeah started the car and then blown the
JA: What is the model of your '01 Nissan?
Customer: nissan sentra se 4cylinder 2.o liter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i replaced the ignition coil fuse because it blowns
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i think i have a short in the ignition system because keep blowing the ignition fuse and i replaced and keep doing the same thing
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

Usually the issue is the wiring to the relay from the exterior fuse box to the ecm relay. The ecm relay is located behind the glove box inside the car, but in most cases and I can't tell you how many times, I have repaired the wiring under the fuse box and battery outside where it is all bunched together under the battery to resolve the problem.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi mike sorry i didn't respond before i got stuck with this car the Nissan Sentra after i look into the wires from the fuse box i smell something was burned and it came from the Idle Air valve the connector was bad along with valve i replaced but now the car runs and don't blown the fuse but i got code po505 i replace the connector and the valve but the idle goes up and down surging the wires from the harness under the battery were ok i'll appreciate your help let me ask you something what i suppose to do now this other problem can you give any ideas please
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

First, you have to do an idle relearn after you put the new IAC in

1. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 1 second.
2. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Check that all items listed under the topic “PRECONDITIONING”,
EC-1419 (previously mentioned) are in
good order.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
6. Start the engine and let it idle for at least 15 seconds.
7. Disconnect throttle position sensor harness connector (brown),
then reconnect it within 5 seconds.
8. Wait 15 seconds.
9. Make sure that idle speed is within specifications. If not, the
result will be incomplete. In this case, find the cause of the
problem by referring to the NOTE below.
10. Rev up the engine two or three times. Make sure that idle
speed and ignition timing are within specifications.

If it won't do the relearn, then try disconnecting the mass air flow sensor or check for vacuum leaks to see if that's the cause of the idle issue. It could be something else causing the idle to do this and the computer will always blame the IAC.

Try it and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I'm max remember me? for the nissan 2000 sentra 2.0 ok like i said before didn't find any problems with the wires under thebattery or by the baterry any way i found the Idle Air Valve and the connector were kind of burned so i replaced no more blown ignition coil fuse but now the idle is surging going up and down do i need a relearn the Idle Air Valve? or send to the dealer today for some reason my scanner is not working now dropped accidently
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Did you try the manual relearn I sent in my last reply?