Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Jay, I have a 96 Pathfinder with the infamous 1320 code.

Customer Question

Hello Jay,
I have a 96 Pathfinder with the infamous 1320 code. I've replaced the distributor, crank position sensor, and ignition condenser and still have the code. The vehicle starts and runs but has an intermittent misfire. Any ideas on where to look next?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. One thing that comes to mind is a shorted harness. If spark is erratic when the problem occurs, check the wiring harness along the valve cover that the White wire (signal to the base of the power transistor) goes through - had one where the harness wore through into one of the valve cover bolts and was nicking the White wire, causing an intermittent, momentary loss of spark and setting the code P1320. Check this and see if in fact that is what you have going on here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Ron,Checking the wiring was actually going to be my next step, but I cannot find any wiring diagrams online at all. I will inspect the wiring closely tonight.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Have a look at this diagram and see if this is what your needing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Igntion%20Jul%2027.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's exactly what I need. Looks like the white wire goes off the page left side (wire number 2). I'm assuming this goes to the pcm, do you know which pin it goes to?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

See the other side of the diagram in this link. Follow the wire and it will show you which pin is the PCM.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/EEC%201%20Jul%2027.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ron,Assuming the wiring is in good working order what would be the next logical step?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

With everything you have replaced I would suspect the wiring is about all that left unless the computer is at fault.